Prayer for October

"The Chalice of Time"

Lord, I have time, I have plenty of time,
All the time that you give me,
The days of my years, the hours of my days,
They are all mine.
Mine to fill, quietly, calmly,
But to fill completely, up to the brim,
To offer them to you, that, of their insipid water
You may make a rich wine
Such as you made once in Cana of Galilee.
I am not asking you, Lord,
For time to do this and then that,
But your grace to do conscientiously,
In the time that you give me,
What you want me to do.

--Found on the last page of an article that I just received on Interlibrary Loan from Mount Carmel 31.4 (Winter: 1983), p. 191, signed DSO.*
*I'm not sure who "DSO" was, but apparently the prayer was written by Michel Quoist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medieval History 101: The Unauthorized Version

How to Be God-Right

The Sworn Book of Professor Peterson

Gut Reaction

The Great Reset