Prayer for the Day

Hodie si vocem ejus audieritis, nolite obdurare corda vestra, sicut in exacerbatione secundum diem tentationis in deserto: ubi tentaverunt me patres vestri, probaverunt, et viderunt opera mea.
Dominus tecum.

Today if ye shall hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness; where your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works.
The Lord is with thee.

O that today you would listen to his voice! Do not harden your hearts, as at Meribah, as on the day at Massah in the wilderness, when your ancestors tested me, and put me to the proof, though they had seen my work.
The Lord is with you.

--Matins for the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Invitatory Psalm 94 (Gallican Psalter of St. Jerome; Douay-Rheims translation); cf. Psalm 95:7-9 (NRSV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medieval History 101: The Unauthorized Version

How to Be God-Right

The Sworn Book of Professor Peterson

Gut Reaction

The Great Reset