Hard Rock Heart

My heart feels so hard right now, it's like having a rock in my chest.

I am sick of being hurt.  Sick of hoping for some understanding, sympathy, or support.  Sick of risking asking for help when all I get is indifference.  Or examples of how others have done better than I have.

Why is it so very hard to listen to what each other says?  Just to sit quietly and give the other person time to speak?  You'd think it would be the most basic skill in the world.  And yet, so rare is it that it is almost by itself evidence of sanctity.

I'm sorry, what was that you said?  I was too busy worrying about myself just now to listen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Be God-Right

Gut Reaction

The Sworn Book of Professor Peterson

Hot Button Issues, No. 4: Talking Politics

Medieval History 101: The Unauthorized Version