“I am a little world made cunningly”


More poetry! Zaklog the Great and his friend Travis invited me to talk with them about John Donne’s Holy Sonnet V.
I am a little world made cunningly
Of elements and an angelic sprite,
But black sin hath betray'd to endless night
My world's both parts, and oh both parts must die.
You which beyond that heaven which was most high
Have found new spheres, and of new lands can write,
Pour new seas in mine eyes, that so I might
Drown my world with my weeping earnestly,
Or wash it, if it must be drown'd no more.
But oh it must be burnt; alas the fire
Of lust and envy have burnt it heretofore,
And made it fouler; let their flames retire,
And burn me O Lord, with a fiery zeal
Of thee and thy house, which doth in eating heal. 
“Along the way, we also mention Galileo and his non-persecution by the church, Noah’s flood and the coming apocalypse by fire, Dante’s Inferno and the stupidity of envy, and the importance of our physical bodies in Christianity.”

Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/laijHwSejiE
Watch on BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/video/NSuoqz0Ulp1A/

For a complete list of my video, podcast, and radio appearances, see Bear On Air. Visit the Dragon Common Room for training in virtue and verse. See Dragon’s Keep for guides to the Christian imagination as we discuss it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Speech Fundamentals: Building a Platform

Make the Middle Ages Dark Again

How to Signal You Are Not a White Supremacist

The Lord's Prayer, Thanks Be to Dogs

Draco Layer Four: The Anagogic or Mystical Sense