Post Op

I can see!   Sort of.  I had to have the slower healing PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) rather than the open-your-eyes-and-you-can-see-perfectly LASIK (laser assisted in situ keratomileusis), but I have glimpses at the moment of what it is going to be like once my corneas heal over this weekend.  It's different from wearing contact lenses, although in fact I have lenses in at the moment as "bandages" to help my corneas heal.  I can't tell whether the slight scratchiness that I feel is from the surgical abrasion or from the lenses.  I just know that my eyes feel tired and yet when I open them, the world seems clearer, closer, less frightening and blurry than it used to.  Wow.  This is what it would have been like if I had been able to see those damn ducks forty years ago.  A world full of ducks--just imagine!

That's all for now.  I need to keep my eyes closed as much as possible today so that they can heal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chivalry Our Lord's-Style, ca. A.D. 33

Talking Points: Three Cheers for White Men

Make the Middle Ages Dark Again

Free Speech Fundamentals: Building a Platform

God's Fools