A Shoulder to Cry On

I always thought I needed one, but now I realize, I don't.

I thought I needed you to support me, listen to me, help me, comfort me when I was down, but now I realize, I don't.

Not like I need sunshine or sleep or food.

Not like I need to spend a certain amount of time every week on my work.  And my blog.

Not like I need exercise or time spent in meditation or prayer.

Not like I need to go to church on Sundays.

Not like I need to know that, however bad it gets in my head, I can sit with it.

Did you want me to need you?  Or did you simply enjoy the feeling of being needed without having to respond?

It's okay, I'm a big girl now.

The falcon has taken wing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chivalry Our Lord's-Style, ca. A.D. 33

Talking Points: Three Cheers for White Men

Make the Middle Ages Dark Again

Free Speech Fundamentals: Building a Platform

God's Fools