2011 was quite a year. I feel obliged in some way to memorialize it, think through all of the things that I have accomplished since this time last year, but I've been stalling all day, wondering what I could possibly say that I haven't said already. My family (natal, that is, not immediate) has been going through some fairly interesting (read: transformative, difficult, painful, enlightening) times, and there were a flurry of emails yesterday and today recalling (obliquely) all that has passed. My brother, my sister, my mother, my mother's partner, they've all been through quite a lot of tough stuff. But me? Well, I've just spent the year learning to see. Which I can now, most of the time. It's been nearly twelve months since my surgery and, for the most part, my eyes are fairly stable now. I don't have to put drops in every other minute or even (which I did have to through most of the summer) every hour on the hour, but usually o...
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my blog post. I look forward to hearing what you think!
F.B.