Diet for a New Apartment
A.k.a. decluttering, tithing, minimalizing.
- Clothes that don't fit.
- Clothes that I haven't worn in over three years. (Not to mention in over twenty.)
- Clothes that make me itch. (And, which, therefore, I haven't worn, sometimes ever.)
- Shoes that make my feet hurt.
- Toys that nobody (including the dog) is playing with.
- Ornaments that don't go with our decor.
- Books that it makes me queasy to think that I might have to reread. Or read, even once.
- Book tapes that nobody is going to listen to again. (Yes, tapes. As in cassette.)
- Bags that we don't need because we have so many others.
- Excess linens (four big black bags of these not in photo, already donated last month; more found in the current clear-out).
- Clothes and shoes that are stained, torn, worn out. Plus underwear that doesn't fit.
- Broken foils, torn lames (particularly ones that were my son's).
- Old laptops. (I mean really old. So old they won't run any current operating systems.)
- The printout of my dissertation. (Really. I found it at the bottom of a closet today. As if I will ever need to make a copy of it again.)