Where's Fatso?

Okay, okay, I know this is getting tedious.  But it is an essential part of the decluttering that I've been doing: decluttering not only my physical space, but also my mental space of the junk that I have carried around with me for so many years.

Remember that Toni reminded me I was going to Europe in 10 weeks and that I needed to lose weight so that I wouldn't be fat?  Well, I didn't lose the weight (I may have even gained some--I was a champion binger* in those days), but I did go with my sister on the trip to Europe, our first, with a group of fellow high schoolers.  Most of the pictures that I took on that trip (recently reviewed in the course of the decluttering) were of the sights that we saw, but in the album that I kept there are occasional photos of people, including this one taken by one of our teachers (I think; he put it up recently on his Facebook page, which is where I got the digital copy).  Both I and my sister are in the photo.  She, at the time, was wonderfully thin; she and D. (also in the picture) had even been teasing me not a day or two before this photo was taken about how fat I was.**

Here's the challenge: find me in this photo.  Hint: Remember: I'm the fat one.

Eagle's Nest (Kehlsteinhaus), 1981.  ALSG group from Amarillo, TX.
Shocking, isn't it?

*And, yes, I was.  I have the diary entries to prove it.  But I was also on the swim team and working out two hours a day, five days a week. I certainly couldn't (and don't, thank goodness) eat that way now.***
**Me, after hours on the bus from Vienna, when we had to stop for the engine to be fixed: "My feet are really swollen."  My sister, giggling: "Just like the rest of you" (or words to that effect).
***See how hard it is to stop apologizing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lobstercide

“Piss Christ” and the Son of Allah

Getting Medieval on Postmodernism

St. Milo the Dangerous and the Dragon of Chaos